These pages are for the 2014/15 session of this course.
Lectures are at 15.10–16.00 Tuesdays and Fridays throughout Semester 1, at 7 Bristo Square in Lecture Theatre 5. You are strongly advised to attend all lectures: if for any reason you miss one, please email the lecturer.
Each link leads to a description of the lecture, downloadable slides, and further references.
- What’s So Important About Language?
- Concurrency Abstractions
- Coursework Assignment Topics; Sheet with citation examples
- Other Programming-Language Approaches to Concurrency
- Cautionary Tales in Concurrency
- Using SQL from Java
- Bridging Query and Programming Languages
- Heterogeneous Metaprogramming in F#
- Specification and Verification
- Guest Lecture: Edwin Brady on Programming with Dependent Types in Idris
- Practical Tools for Java Correctness
- Certifying Correctness
- Terms and Types
- Guest Lecture: Bob Atkey on Static Analysis for Java Concurrency with ThreadSafe
- Parameterized Types and Polymorphism
- Higher Polymorphism
- Dependent Types
- Exam Review
The course lectures are now complete. The exam will be held during the 2015 April/May diet.