OpenSimulator (often shortened to OpenSim) is an open source virtual world platform which implements most of the Linden Lab Second Life virtual world protocols and extends it in some ways convenient for educational and other extended uses. This blog post brings together some links and resources used in building virtual world regions and content in OpenSim.
- OpenSim Web Site and Wiki
- OpenSim Git Master
- OpenSim Mantis (Issue Tracker)
- Avastar – Blender addon for avatar and clothing creation.
Distributions to Allow Addon Regions for an Existing Grid
OARs and IARs
Content such as scripts, OpenSim Archives (OARs) and Inventory Archives (IARs) can be found at a number of locations…
- Where to get content for OpenSim, Blog Post by Maria Korolov, June 20, 2011, updated June 28, 2017.
- Outworldz Content Collection by Ferd Frederix. Use Ctrl-F for find/search.
- Large Collection of Free Scripts. Use Ctrl-F for find/search.
- Isis Ophelia’s OpenSim Free Resources.
- Nebadon’s OARs and IARs.
- Ruth 2.0 and Roth 2.0 – OpenSim Mesh Avatars.