Ruth2 and Roth2 are low-poly mesh avatar bodies, specifically designed for Opensimulator and Second Life. They are built to use standard Second Life UV maps using scratch-built open source mesh bodies by Shin Ingen with other open source contributions from the OpenSimulator Community.
Previously referred to as Ruth 2.0 and Roth 2.0, the preferred project names going forward from January 2020 is Ruth2 and Roth2.
This page provides links and resources relating to these developments…
- Discord Discussion Forum: RuthAndRoth [Invite]
- MeWe Community Page: https://mewe.com/group/5bbe0189a5f4e57c73569fb9
- Second Life:
- Second Life Group: “RuthAndRoth” (free to join) – Group name place holder.
- Second Life Group: “Ruth and Roth Community” (free to join) – Most active and recommended for use.
- Ruth 2.0 and Roth 2.0 – Bakes on Mesh (BoM) versions:
Second Life Marketplace: Ruth 2.0 RC#3 (RuthToo), Roth 2.0 RC#1 (RothToo)
Second Life Inworld Store: Blumfield – Sean Heavy
- OpenSim Group: “RuthAndRoth” (free to join)
- In-world location for Ruth and Roth resources: login.osgrid.org:RuthAndRoth
- In-world location for prebuilt avatars: login.digiworldz.com:8002:ingen lab
- In-world location for Ruth 2.0 clothing on LuvGrid: grid.hgluv.com:8302:luv plaza
“Roth 2.0” is the male mesh avatar, also under development, and resources for it can be reached via the same URLs as Ruth 2.0.
RuthAndRoth on OSGrid
Other Repositories and Versions
- Fred Beckhusen’s Outworldz Ruth GitHub Copy which may be reasonably in line with the current Ruth GitHub contents.
- Shin Ingen’s ingen-lab GitHub Copy which is no longer maintained
- Sean Heavy’s RuthToo Github Copy and inworld location – login.digiworldz.com:8002/DigiWorldz Hyper Mall” – (36, 236, 22) (Store #2)
- Taarna Welles is developing a modified Roth lower mesh body to improve the usability for clothing. https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Ruth/tree/master/Contrib/Taarna%20Welles
Ruth and Roth in Second Life
The first people to take Ruth into Second Life were Chimera Firecaster and Sundance Haiku… see http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Gamma/20/80/1401
Sean Heavy has imported his Ruth Too (based on the Ruth RC#3 DevKit) and the R2 Extras into Second Life… see http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blumfield/116/165/28 [Current at 18-Oct-2019]
Ruth and Roth Shopping Sites
- Second Life:
- Blumfield – Sean Heavy – http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blumfield/116/165/28
- Bakes on Mesh (BoM) versions from Sean Heavy – Second Life Marketplace:
- Duck Girl – Mesh Clothing for Ruth 2.0 – Second Life Marketplace [Inworld Store]. Use the “Ruth” versions where provided, or try the “Altamura” or “Maitreya” versions for close fit otherwise.
[Ruth 2.0 versus Altamura and Maitreya Mesh Comparison Image]
- Lily Swindlehurst’s Helping Haven Gateway – Mesh Clothing for Ruth2 and Roth2
- ingen lab – Shin Ingen – ingen-lab.com:8002:ingen lab [offline in March 2019]
- ingen lab – Shin Ingen – login.digiworldz.com:8002:ingen lab [offline in March 2019]
- OSGrid – Wright Plaza – Sean Heavy – login.osgrid.org:Wright Plaza/210/17/21
- DigiWorldz – Hyper Mall – Sean Heavy – login.digiworldz.com:8002:Hyper Mall
- Luv Grid – Luv Plaza – Hyacinth Jewell – grid.hgluv.com:8302:Luv Plaza
- Luv Grid – Bombshell – Sean Heavy – grid.hgluv.com:8302:Bombshell
- Lorulei – Ruth 2.0 Skin & Fashion Store – artdestiny.eu:8002:Tryloria
- Lorulei and more free Ruth stuff in Kroatan – kroatan.de:8002:Needful Things
- In-world location for Ruth 2.0 and Roth 2.0 clothing by Emmalena Damour (EDD):
Clothing and Undergarment Onion Layers & HUDs:
- Manwa Pstorelli’s Covey Stores with Ruth2 and Roth2 clothing and items on the Fire and Ice Grid – avatar: Admin Diamond – hop://fireandicegrid.net:8002/Covey Stores/133/128/23
A separate blog post gives some information on the triangle and vertices count for the various elements of the Ruth 2.0 and Roth 2.0 meshes, as well as their “Complexity” as reported by virtual world viewers.