Roth2 v2 Revision 2020-05-24
Based on Blender Mesh from https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Roth2 (was DRAFT8_4)
Use a viewer which supports Bakes on Mesh, e.g. Firestorm.
Roth2 is a low-poly mesh body specifically designed for OpenSimulator and which can also be used in Second Life™. It is built to use standard Second Life UV maps using a scratch-built open source mesh by Shin Ingen, Ada Radius and other contributors from the RuthAndRoth Community. Roth2 v2 is the second version of the mesh avatar updated to be built and rigged using Blender 2.8 and with improved documentation of the workflow to make it reliably repeatable and credits to all the asset creators involved.
- OpenSim: OSGrid RuthAndRoth Region hop://login.osgrid.org/RuthAndRoth/128/128/26
- Second Life: SL Marketplace, Inworld (Fireheart/242/228/21 Serie-ous Style)
- IAR: OpenSim Inventory Archive on GitHub Ruth2 Repository
- Dev Kit: Blender source, UV maps and Collada (DAE) on GitHub Roth2 Repository
BAKES ON MESH
Roth2 v2 is provided as a single mesh that is designed to work well with Bakes on Mesh. It has a simple alpha capability without needing separate mesh parts and alpha masks can be worn to give more control over hidden areas. rather than use Bakes on Mesh, skin textures may be applied, but you should then add a full body alpha mask to hide the underlying system avatar.
The “Roth2 v2 – Mesh Avatar” box contents are designed so that they form a complete initial avatar using Bakes on Mesh. You can switch to your own shape, skin, eyes and hair and/or use the HUD to change your appearance. Some example skins, hair, clothing and a range of alpha masks are provided in the “Roth2 v2 – Extras” box.
Roth2 v2 uses a single combination HUD, created by Serie Sumei, for alpha masking, skin and eye texture application and other features. The skins and eyes that are available are set via a notecard (!CONFIG) in the Contents of the HUD which can be edited to incorporate your own skins (10 slots are available) and/or eye textures (5 slots are available).
The Skin Alpha Mode can be changed between Alpha Masking with cutoff=128 (the initial setting) and Alpha Blending. Depending on the Alpha Mode that is used on hair, clothing or other attachments that use partial alpha it may be useful to be able to change the setting used on the mesh body to avoid some parts not displaying correctly.
Roth2 v2 – Mesh Avatar – This is the normal distribution box and is designed so that once unpacked its contents can be “worn”. It contains basic “classic” avatar shape, skin, eyes and hair so that a complete outfit can be worn. This can then be replaced with the users own avatar elements.
- !README, !LICENSE and
- Roth2 v2 Full (Body+Feet+Hands+Head)
- Roth2 v2 Eyes
- Roth2 v2 HUD
- Initial skin, shape, basic eyes and basic hair
- Dark gray underwear
Roth2 v2 – Extras – This is a box of useful extra elements and options.
- !README-EXTRAS and !LICENSE
- Roth2 v2 Body (only)
- Roth2 v2 Feet
- Roth2 v2 Hands
- Roth2 v2 Head
- Roth2 v2 Headless (Body+Feet+Hands)
- Roth2 v2 Head+Vneck (section of body)
- Roth2 v2 Elf Ears
- Dark grey underwear briefs and jacket length top
- Alpha masks
- Sample hair
- HUD debug script
Roth2 v2 – Resources – This box is not normally needed. It contains textures and other resources with original UUIDs as used within the other assets.. This can be useful of moving the assets across grid, or to repair elements.
- !README-RESOURCES and !LICENSE
- All skin and eye textures used in default HUD
- Box Art
- HUD Textures
- Clothing – Underwear
Roth2 v2 – Mesh Uploads – This box is not normally needed. It contains mesh for all Roth2 v2 elements as originally uploaded and before attaching a root prim or any texturing.
- !README-MESH-UPLOADS and !LICENSE
- Collada (.dae) Mesh for all Roth2 v2 elements as originally uploaded and before part renaming, attaching a root prim or any texturing.
KNOWN ISSUES AND TROUBLESHOOTING
- There may be a small gap or seem at the neck joint between the mesh body and the classic avatar or addon mesh heads.
- Not all the appearance sliders will work on the mesh body and parts.
- Roth2 v2 with attached Bento head will work with most shapes. The headless body, to use with system head or other mesh head, will work well with the sliders except body fat, and extremes to neck length and thickness, because of the neck seam. There are a few head sliders that don’t work: Head Shape, Ear Angle, Jowls, Chin Cleft. Things on the list for another release sometime down the road: figure out the neck issue, improve pointy ears.
- Foot skin problems? For best result, paint over the system toenails and remove as much detail as you can from your foot skin that is probably designed for the system avatar’s duck feet.
- HUD issues? The Extras box contains a HUD debug script. Add this to the HUD contents to allow for a long mouse press to bring up menu with diagnostic and further options.
Please contribute via the GitHub Repository and send your feedback by posting to the Discord Channel.
- Github Repository: https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Roth2
- Discord Discussion Channel: https://discordapp.com/channels/619919380154810380/619919380691550240
- Discord Discussion Channel Invitation (open to all): https://discord.gg/UMyaZkc
- MeWe Community Page: https://mewe.com/group/5bbe0189a5f4e57c73569fb9
- Second Life Marketplace: RuthAndRoth Store
- Second Life Groups: “RuthAndRoth” and “Ruth and Roth Community”
- OpenSim Group: OSGrid RuthAndRoth
- OpenSim Region: OSGrid RuthAndRoth hop://login.osgrid.org/RuthAndRoth/128/128/26
- OpenSim Kitely Market: RuthAndRoth Store
- Original Roth 2.0 RC#1 mesh modelled in Zbrush by Shin Ingen with rigging and vertex weight maps by Ada Radius.
- Roth2 v2 is based on Roth 2.0 RC#1 (now referred to as Roth2 v1).
- Repository management and testing by Fred Beckhusen, Outworldz LLC (Ferd Frederix), Ai Austin and Serie Sumei.
- Revised mesh, rigging and vertex weight maps by Ada Radius.
- UV map is CC-BY Linden Lab.
- Skin templates by Chip Midnight: http://forums-archive.secondlife.com/109/72/40762/1.html
- Skins included in the HUD:
- Eloh Elliot Skins
- Adamek Titanium Skins
- T-Shirt Texture by Robin (Soujourner) Wood: https://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Technical/SL-Tuts/SLPages/RSW-TShirt.html
- Linda Kellie Designs – Tintable Bra and Panties – Creative Commons CC0: https://zadaroo.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/templates-bra-and-panties.zip
- HUD mesh, textures and scripts by Serie Sumei using modifications to original scripts by Shin Ingen.
- R2 Logo by Serie Sumei based on original by Shin Ingen: https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Extras/tree/master/Textures/Logo
See https://github.com/RuthAndRoth/Roth2 Documentation/Packaging/LICENSE.txt
The main Roth2 v2 mesh components have an AGPL license and other components have Creative Commons or other open source licenses. Basically, you can use and distribute the materials as you wish, but any modifications to the AGPL meshes that are distributed or made available in a service must be made publicly available at no cost and released under the same terms granted in the LICENSE.
Various Authors and contributors to the Git Repository in alphabetical order are:
- Ada Radius
- Ai Austin
- Chimera Firecaster
- Elenia Boucher
- Fred Beckhusen
- Fritigern Gothly
- Joe Builder
- Lelani Carver
- Leona Morro
- Mike Dickson
- Noxluna Nightfire
- Sean Heavy
- Serie Sumei
- Shin Ingen
- Sundance Haiku
- Other contributions and testing by members of the OpenSimulator and RuthAndRoth Communities.
The ‘R2’ logo may be used to indicate projects or products that are either based on or compatible with the RuthAndRoth project mesh bodies.