In today’s lecture I spoke on the forthcoming strike by the University and College Union: see below for some links and further information.
The University and College Union Edinburgh (UCU) is a union for academic and academic-related staff, officially recognized by the University of Edinburgh. As you may know, the national UCU is in dispute with the employers’ association over pay negotiations and following a vote by members the union plans a series of two-hour strikes.
The planned strikes do not immediately affect Inf1-DA lectures, although there may be some impact on tutorials. If this arises then I shall circulate a notice about this nearer the time.
Dates and Times:
- Thursday 23 January 11am–1pm
- Tuesday 28 January 2pm–4pm
- Monday 10 February 9am–11am
- EUSA: Edinburgh University Students’ Association
- UCU: University and College Union.
- UCU Edinburgh
- UCEA: University and Colleges Employer’s Association