Office 2016 for Mac is available to Informatics staff for new installation or upgrade from version 2011 on University owned equipment. The software is provided on a USB memory stick to facilitate easy installation and is available to borrow from the Computing Support area on level 2 (2.07).
New features in Office 2016
- The Design tab provides quick access to design elements to improve the look of documents.
- The new Insights pane, powered by Bing, shows relevant contextual information from the web within the reading and authoring experience.
- Threaded comments enables you to have useful conversations right next to relevant text.
- Recommended charts. Choose the best chart that Excel recommends for your data.
- PivotTable Slicers Helps to discover patterns in large volumes of data.
- Use the Analysis Toolpak add-on to perform complex statistical or engineering analyses.
- Threaded comments enable you to have useful conversations right next to relevant text.
- Theme Variants – Change the style of your presentation using different color schemes for a theme.
- Easy navigation between the five main Outlook elements: Mail, Calendar, People, Tasks, and Notes.
- Push Mail support ensures that the inbox is always up to date.
- Propose New Time. When you receive a meeting request for a time that is not preferable, you can propose a new meeting time. The meeting organizer can easily accept or decline your proposal.
- Side by Side Calendar. See multiple calendars in parallel.
- Weather Forecast in Calendar. Will it be sunny or rainy? No need to look up your local weather forecast because Outlook shows the weather info right in the Calendar view.