In 2009-2010, Mindark’s Entropia Universe MMORPG team worked with the European Space Agency on a project entitled “Online Game Technology for Space Education and System Analysis”. This is a learning environment situated in a simulation of a base on Europa, a moon of Jupiter.
- ESA Study: 22395/09/NL/AF (2009)
- Mindark Press Release on Study
- EUROPA – Visual Mock-up from ESA Study – YouTube Video [Credits & Contacts]
- Final Report Executive Summary (PDF Format) (not to be reposted publicly)
- The full text of the Final Report is available if a Non-Disclosure Agreement is signed with Mindark.
The study using the Entropia Platform was performed to assess options for ESA (Contact: Joachim Fuchs **) with regards to using online game technology, specifically in the areas of outreach/promotion, education and collaborative engineering.
** Joachim Fuchs was a member of the team which worked on the Optimum-AIV AI planner for Ariane rocket launch payload bay assembly, integration and verification involving Computer Resources International A/S, Matra Marconi Space, Progespace and AIAI at the University of Edinburgh.