This post shows data for the Coursera AI Planning MOOC 2014 session taught by Gerhard Wickler and Austin Tate of the School of Informatics at the University of Edinburgh. The MOOC ran from January to March 2014.
Passes at Each Level of Participation 2014
|Pass Level||Badge||Number Passing|
Numbers achieving various score levels:
Participation over Time 2014
Barchart of student participation with the lecture material (at end of week 5). Approx. 18% of those who engaged with the course and watched the initial videos were still viewing the final lectures.
Week-by-Week Statistics 2014
The week-by-week statistics of those registered and those engaging with the materials on the course are shown here (at end of week 5).
AI Planning MOOC Pre-course Survey 2014 – Participants by Country
The pre-course survey had 3,361 responses which were used to create a geographical participation map and to extract some information to produce charts about the participants.
AI Planning MOOC Pre-course Survey 2014 – Charts
Click on image for larger version.
Version: 29-Jan-2014 – based on sample of 3,361 AI Planning MOOC 2014 respondents.
2013 Session Data
AI Planning MOOC 2013 data for comparison is available here.
Setup for Participants Map
- Plot data on map http://www.gpsvisualizer.com/map_input?form=data
- Output format: Google Maps
- Width = 1600 Height=800 (or auto) Margin: 45
- Title: AI Planning MOOC 2014 Participants by Country
- Background map: Google terrain (physical map)
- Colorize using: N/frequency Min: 0 Max: 500 (set just below max N to use full colour range of the scale)
- Colorization legend: bottom left
- Legend Steps: 11 (gives 10 steps of 50 if max is 500)
- Spectrum direction: down Hue 1: 240% (blue) Hue 2: 0% (red) (gives colour range blue through red)
- Color of values beyond min. or max.: min/max colour continues (or use “grey” to show zero data points)
- Min radius: 4 Max radius: 30