Update: 15-Jan-2020 – OpenStorm has not been made available in binary form for some time and it was last updated on GitHub back in November 2019. OpenStorm should not be used as it does not have necessary Bakes on Mesh related Firestorm fixes that were worked on by Beq Janus of the Firestorm team and OpenSim developers together in December 2019 and January 2020 and which are still being tidied up ahead of the next Firestorm release… which hopefully will be able to go back to allowing for SL+OS. Firestorm source since 14th January 2020 is needed for Bakes on Mesh to work properly on OpenSim.
Take care… this experimental build of the Firestorm Viewer is intended for experienced users using OpenSim virtual worlds server development code (dev master) and who are aware that features are under development and may not be supported by some OpenSim grids running on earlier versions of OpenSim server code.
This is a fork of the Firestorm Development code, and not intended for release/general distribution! Downloads, change logs and other information is available at https://downloads.openstormviewer.org/ [which may or may not be accessible to the public]
Source Code is available at https://bitbucket.org/BillBlight/openstorm-lgpl/src/default/
The version on 2-Oct-2019 with version number 0.9.1.30 is based on Firestorm 184.108.40.206052 64 bit compiled with OpenSim included and with some OpenSim specific and cosmetic changes:
- Bakes on Mesh for OpenSimulator (this could crash older regions/grids)
- Increased VRAM availability.
- Re-enable decompose (analyze) in mesh upload
- Increase Particle size to max protocol 7.96 (Thanks Ubit)
- Double the max amount of rendered particles
- Removed SL offset to avatar hover height (Thanks Ubit)
- Region map search patch, allows OpenSimulator users to search for part of region name (Thanks Plugh)