Cross-game Avatar Platform for the Metaverse – https://readyplayer.me/
- Based on a selfie or start out from scratch.
- Customize your avatar
- Export your avatar in .glb (the binary, textures included form of the glTF 3D data exchange format).
- Use the avatar in many supported apps and games.
- Ready Player Me Documentation
- Ready Player Me Discord Invite
- Ready Player Me Developer Discussion Forums
CC BY-NC-SA 4.0 Licence
Ready Player Me avatars are free to use. All avatars created directly on our website are under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) license, which means that they can be used for non-commercial projects as long as Ready Player Me is credited. Commercial licencing is available through Wolfprint3D/Wolf3D – https://wolf3d.io).
Unity with the Ready Player Me SDK
Ready Player Me Unity SDK: https://docs.readyplayer.me/integration-guides/unity
You can attach a Third Person Character Controller from Unity Technologies [Unity Store Link] to add motion control to the avatar. [“How to” YouTube Video by Sercan Altundas]
Update 19-Jan-2023: Ready Player Me SDK 2.0 onwards uses the Unity Package Manager approach. Details for using it in new projects and updating a Unity project using a previous SDK 1.* are in this article… https://wolf3d.notion.site/Unity-SDK-2-0-Migration-Guide-32ca364853f44b35ac527bf61fa100ed. Note that Git needs to be installed on the system in advance. BOTH Unity Hub and the project should be opened AFTER Git is installed.
Smart NPCs with ChatGPT and Ready Player Me Unity SDK
Unity via Blender .glb to .fbx conversion
- How do I use a GMB model in Unity
- As well as the steps above, after the exported FBX model from Blender is imported to Unity, select the FBX asset and use the “Rig” tab to select the “Humanoid” rig type to allow the FBX to act as an avatar when associated with an avatar controller. Depending on the controller method you use(e.g. the standard assets Third Person Character Controller), you may need to disable the “animator” component of the FBX asset included in the Unity Project Hierarchy.
Blender 2.9x has .gltf/.glb file format import capabilities built in. I tried to export the avatar in .dae (Collada) format with Second Life/OpenSim mode ticked. The mesh does show in the Firestorm 6.4.21 mesh uploader but the rigging is not compatible. I assume a Second Life/OpenSim compatible armature/skeleton wold have to be bound to the mesh to make it work.
glTF™ (GL Transmission Format) is a royalty-free specification for the efficient transmission and loading of 3D scenes and models by applications.
App to provide glTF pack and .glb unpack shell extensions for Microsoft Windows: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/gltf-shell-extensions/9npgvj9n57mv
Cryptocurrency Wallet for use with Ready Player Me NFT Wardrobe Items: Metamask https://metamask.io/