HG Safari Visit on 2nd February 2022 at 12 noon SLT (20:00 hrs UT)
- Topic: Travelling in the Metaverse – Defining Your Travel Outfit and Suitcase
- Host: Ai Austin
- Date and Time: 2-Feb-2022, 12 noon SLT (20:00 hrs UT)
- Gathering Point: OSGrid – HG Safari (Clubhouse)
- Visit Location: OSGrid – Space City (Campfire & Media Centre) hop://hg.osgrid.org:80/Space%20City/200/200/22
- Modalities: Text chat and in-world slides presentation. Voice from host.
- Resources: http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~ai/resources/2022-02-02-HG-Safari/
Slides are at http://www.aiai.ed.ac.uk/~ai/resources/2022-02-02-HG-Safari/
Click image to view 360° snapshots on Flickr… taken with Firestorm 6.5.3 Beta for Second Life and OpenSim…
The event was also available in VR, e.g. via an Oculus Rift head mounted display, thanks to Firestorm VR Mod 6.4.21 (see this blog post)…
Next Generation Virtual Worlds – Social Web + Virtual Worlds + Content + People
I have written about this before… in a nutshell… I would like to see a grid of grids approach, a single instance world where travel is possible with a common identity and a suitable “travel outfit” and “travel pack” or “suitcase” (intelligently filtered and adapted) and where radically different newer technologies and user interactivity modalities can be introduced alongside legacy facilities and which can gradually build a community and content.
Thirza Ember created a blog post about the Hypergrid Safari trips on 2-Feb-2022… https://hgsafari.blogspot.com/2022/02/a-packed-safari.html