Fashion designer Jonathan Simkhai (@JonathanSimkhai) partnered with @Everyrealm & @BlueberryMeta to produce avatar clothing and the Metaverse Fashion Week runway fashion show event inside Second Life. The event was covered in various fashion magazines and on fashion web sites.
- Learn more: https://second.life/mvfw2022
- Date and Time: A runway show on February 17th or 18th, 2022 from 1pm,to 4pm PT.
- Location: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/MVFW%201/184/133/24/
- Blueberry Store: https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lenox%20and%20Blueberry/129/163/29
- EveryRealm MV|FW NFT Collection
- OpenSea NFT – Jonathan Simkhai MVFW-2022 Collection
- How the metaverse influenced New York Fashion Week – Vogue Business Blog – 15-Feb-2022
- How the metaverse is putting its stamp on the runway at Fashion Week – Glamour Magazine Blog – 15-Feb-2022
- Jonathan Simkhai stages FW22 fashion show in virtual world Second Life – Deezen.com – 17-Feb-2022
- Behind the Scenes – Chat with Blueberryxx – Blog Post by Inara Pey – 20-Feb-2022
Promotional images from Jonathan Simkhai, Blueberry, Everyrealm and OceanSea social media
Discord “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) Session – 17-Feb-2022
Second Life Metaverse Fashion Show (9pm GMT, 17-Feb-2022)
360° Snapshot using Second Life Viewer 6.5.2 and Firestorm 6.5.3 Beta
VR View on Oculus Rift using Firestorm VR Mod 6.4.21 and 6.5.3 Beta
Jonathan Simkhai and Models (Images from Second Life and Jonathan Simkhai)
Fashion Available at Blueberry Main Store in Second Life
Real Life Clothing – Jonathan Simkhai Fall Winter 2022 Collection
Images from Jonathan Simkhai (https://jonathansimkhai.com) and Runway360 (https://runway360.cfda.com/designers/jonathan-simkhai/jonathan-simkhai-fall-winter-2022)
Update: 1-Jun-2022 – theindustry.fashion
Metaverse fashion label Blueberry Entertainment completes all-female senior leadership team – theindustry.fashion – Blog Post – Jeremy Lim – 1-Jun-2022
I would just suggest that rows of seating be placed WITHIN the regions adjacent to the main stage region but alongside the catwalk. Seats were just over the boundary, so avatars fell through snd underwater at the edge. Having the seats in place alongside but properly accessible would I think have improved the set design.