David Denny has an OpenSim grid “Shirelands” with Lord of the Rings themed regions. He was the original creator of the OpenSim Archive Files (OARs) used by Fred Beckhusen for the Outworldz DreamGrid versions of these regions. See this blog post. David makes his regions available for personal use via the OAR Shop on Shoptly. There is a Lord of the Ring’s themed quest that leads you through the regions and navigation is possible via signposts.
- Entry Hub: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Shirelands Hub/264/206/22
- Hobbiton and Bagshot Row: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Hobbiton/281/402/28
- Bree and Buckland: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Bree and Buckland/95/11/3
- Beorn’s House: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Beorns House/144/29/22
or Click on “New” sign at the Hub (as at 24-Apr-2022)
- Mirkwood and Dol Guidor: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Myrkwood/216/40/2
- Rohan – Edoras: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Meadowseld/205/293/2
- Rivendell: hop://seasofthassa.outworldz.net:8002/Rivendell/223/77/61
- David Denny says that Laketown, Dale and Halls of Stone regions may follow.
Hobbiton and Bagshot Row
Bree and Buckland
Mirkwood and Dol Guidor
Rohan – Edoras