These pages are for the 2016/17 session of this course.
Link: Current course website
This page has information about two different kinds of feedback:
- Feedback from staff to students about progress during the course;
- Feedback from students to staff about the course itself.
Feedback to you on your work
Every week your course tutor gives verbal feedback on your work as part of the group meeting; you will also have the opportunity to discuss any difficulties with others in the tutorial.
Your tutor marks your coursework assignment in the final weeks of the course, and returns it to you with written feedback. The course lecturer also publishes notes for you to review your own work, with sample solutions and guidance based on the submissions of all students. The final tutorial meeting is dedicated to discussion and feedback on the assignment.
The final lectures of the semester review what you have done in the course, giving feedback and advice on how to best prepare for the examination.
This assessment and feedback is all formative: it is not directly counted in your final grade, but is there to help increase your understanding and improve your work.
Feedback from you about the course
You can send comments and feedback about any aspect of the course at any time to any of the following people.
- The course lecturer, Ian Stark.
- The year organiser, Paul Anderson.
- Your class reps. Each year of study has dedicated student representatives, who can relay information on your behalf and raise issues with the course lecturer or year organiser. They will do so anonymously if you wish. You can email the current reps at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any concerns or questions about the course, please do act and get in touch.
The University also offers online questionnaires at the end of each semester for you to submit comments and suggestions on courses. Please take the time to do this once your course is complete: the course lecturer reads every comment individually, and survey results for Informatics courses are posted online to advise other students.
|Feedback for this course:||Informatics 1: Data & Analysis|
|All surveys on MyEd:||Course Enhancement Questionnaires|
|Reports from previous years:||Student Course Feedback|