The QUANTICOL members working in Grenoble are INRIA researchers in team MESCAL (Middleware Efficiently SCALable). This team has interests in discrete event dynamic systems, optimization in large stochastic networks and self-organizing systems. The goal is to design software solutions for the efficient exploitation of large distributed architectures at metropolitan, national and international scales. The main applications are intensive scientific computations. The methodology is based on :
- stochastic modelling of large discrete event systems,
- performance evaluation and simulation of large deterministic and probabilistic systems,
- middleware design, and
- distributed systems.
MESCAL is also a team of Laboratoire d’Informatique de Grenoble (LIG), a large-scale research enterprise exploring five research areas:
- Software and Information System Engineering,
- Formal Methods, Models, and Languages,
- Interactive and Cognitive Systems,
- Distributed Systems, Parallel Computing, and Networks,
- Data and Knowledge Processing at Large Scale.
INRIA joined the project in February 2014.